A Parents Workshop - How to talk so your kids listen
Kiddo Active’s new parent’s workshop and group will begin Oct 5th with a total of 7 sessions.
Are you repeating yourself continuously? Are you feeling overwhelmed? Feeling a lack of control? Say no to frustration and participate in the parent’s workshop developed by A.Faber and E.Mazlish Discover new skills to help you have a healthy and harmonious family life.
BENIFITS FOR YOU The workshop « Talk to your kids so they listen » aims to provide you with skills and 30 simple and effective tools to help you work on numerous family issues. Have you heard yourself saying: “Marie hates her haircut and locked herself in her room after slamming the door” “Antoinette was impolite to his grand mother” “Charlotte has tantrums all day long” “Felix arrived late at the park again” "I'm exhausted, I spent the whole day repeating the same things 1,000 times, Lily does not listen to me!" "Ariel never picks up her room and hides everything under the bed when I threatened to throw everything in the trash!" This workshop will help you with tools, lessons and support to help you have an easier family life.
LIST OF MODULES
1. Helping children deal with their feelings - Experiment what happens to children when their feelings are denied. Learn specific skills that help them recognize and cope with their negative feelings: disappointment, envy, frustration, etc. Discover ways to accept children's feelings, limit unacceptable behavior, and still maintain goodwill.
2. Engaging cooperation – Experiment how children feel and react to commonly used methods to get them to cooperate: threats, warnings, orders, name-calling, sarcasm, etc. Learn five ways to invite cooperation that will leave parents and children feeling good about themselves and each other.
3. Alternatives to punishment – Feel how children normally react to punishment. Is it necessary to rely on punishment as a means of discipline? Discover some alternatives that enable parents to express their strong disapproval as well as encourage children to assume responsibility for their behavior.
4. Encouraging Autonomy – Learn ways to help children become separate, responsible people who can one-day function on their own and specific skills that help them to become more self-reliant.
5. Praise/Compliment –Recognize the kind of praise that builds a positive and realistic self-image and which does not. Familiarize yourself with a variety of ways to help your children become aware of their strengths so they can put them into action.
6. Freeing children from playing roles - Realize how children are sometimes cast into roles (bully, whiner, etc.) and learn how you can free them from playing out these roles. Experiment six skills that help children see themselves in a different and more positive light.
7. Final Review - Consolidate what's been learned by applying all the skills of the previous sessions to current problems with children.
How it works Friday nights from 7:00pm to 9:30pm for 7 weeks dates starting March 30th
Cost: $350 per person for all 7 lectures; $500 per couple +Tax
Location: Kiddo Active 223 Boul. St Jean, Pointe-Claire
Registration: $175 non refundable deposit required for reservation of your space with the balance due 2 weeks prior to the program starting. Contact clinic for payment 514-428-0123 or email@example.com
Requirements: You need to purchase the following book before the presentation: This book is available at all major bookstores including (amazon.ca, Archambault, Renaud-Bray, etc…). It is available in 3 languages.
French : ‘’Parler pour que les enfants écoutent, écouter pour que les enfants parlent’’, English : ‘’How to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk’’, Spanish : ‘’Como hablar para que los ninos escuchen y como escuchar para que los ninos hablen’’.
Ratio: Workshop size is between 10-12 parents.
Other Workshops: This workshop is focused on children between the ages of 1 and 12
Sign up sheet for upcoming presentations is available: (1) Workshop for parents with teens. (13-20 ans) (2) Rivalry and jealousy among children (1-15 years)
Policy: Kiddo Active Therapy cancellation policy for groups:
In the case of cancellation prior to the registration deadline, a full refund will be granted. In the case of cancellation after the registration deadline, a refund of 50% of the fees will be granted. In the case of cancellation after the first session, no refund will be granted.
The registration deadline for this group is the end of February
Course certified animator Valérie Gotteland I am a mother of two children and a few years ago I told myself there must be another way other than always repeating, threatening, always repeating, threatening and lecturing to get results. I discovered this kind of education method. and I was very surprised that such simple tools can give such results and bring peace to the family. The workshop "Talk so your children listen" was developed by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish and proposes concrete communication techniques, simple and effective ways to develop communication and a harmonious caring relationship with our children. I decided to educate myself because I wanted to share these skills and techniques with other parents and to help them in their daily lives. I am certified to give this workshop.