- Occupational therapist since 2004
- Member of Ordre des Ergotherapeutes du Québec (OEQ)
- Practicing exclusively in pediatrics since 2007
- Trained in Integrated Listening System ( iLs)
- Trained in Therapeutic Listening
- Certification in Swallowing Assessment, Evaluation or Intervention
- Trained in the SOS approach to feeding
- California Board of OT Advanced Practice
Heena graduated from McGill University with a bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy in 2004. In 2006, she graduated from Queen’s University with a master’s degree in occupational therapy. Heena has 12 years of experience in pediatrics including work in hospitals, schools, in-home and private clinics. She has worked in Montreal, Vancouver and in the San Francisco Bay area. For the last 7 years, Heena was working for Stanford Children’s Hospital in California. She has experience with working with children with a wide array of difficulties including sensory processing disorders, developmental delays, fine and gross motor delays and feeding and swallowing disorders.
Heena has a passion for helping children reach their full potential and guiding and supporting their families along the way. She recently moved back to Montreal and is very excited to be joining the Kiddo Active team! She is enjoying spending time with her family and friends, and exploring all that Montreal has to offer.