Social Skills Group
Kiddo Active’s Social Skills group will be based largely on the treatment framework and curriculum developed by Michelle Garcia Winner. The group will focus on teaching the thinking that underlies social skills. Various topics will be covered including integrating into groups, play and conversation, expected and unexpected behaviours, size of the problem and perspective taking. These topics may vary depending on age groups and needs of the specific group. Sessions are led by an Occupational Therapist and Speech-Language Pathologist.
Each session will be begin with a gross-motor warm-up, followed by social thinking concepts and activities being introduced and conclude with 10-15 minutes with parents/caregivers for carryover of lessons in the home and school environments.
- Class size between 3-4 children.
- We have multiple groups taking place throughout the year. Please call reception 514-428-0123 and we will sign up you child on our waiting list in order to try to match them up with s similar group. Age, challenges, etc. We will ask you to fill in a form telling us a little bit more about your child.
All sessions will take place at Kiddo Active Pointe-Claire: 223 boul. Saint-Jean, Pointe Claire.
$510 for 6 sessions
Receipts will be provided for insurance and income tax purposes
Registration will be accepted by email, mail or in person. To reserve your spot 50% of the payment is required with the remaining 50% 30 days prior to program start date.
Receipts will be provided at the last session.
Checks can be made out to Kiddo Active Therapy. Credit card and debit payments can be made at the clinic or by phone.
Kiddo Active Therapy cancellation policy for groups:
- In the case of cancellation prior to the registration deadline of 30 days prior to your chosen program, a full refund will be granted.
- In the case of cancellation past the registration deadline, a refund of 50% of the fees will be granted.
- In the case of cancellation after the first session, no refund will be granted, unless the therapists determine that the group is not the right fit for the child.
Please contact us at 514-428-0123 or email@example.com for more information.